1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
* 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
* 1 jar (7 1/2 ounces) marshmallow Fluff
* 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
* pink food coloring (gel)
How to Make
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease two large cookie sheets, or line with parchment paper.
Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
In the bowl of a standing mixer or with a hand mixer, cream the butter and sugars together, 2-3 minutes. Add the egg and continue beating until fluffy, 1-2 minutes longer. Beat in milk and vanilla extract. Finally, beat in flour mixture to combine.
Drop by heaping tablespoons onto prepared cookie sheets .
Bake for 8-10 minutes, until top springs back when touched.
Cool completely. Spoon or pipe a heaping amount of frosting on the flat half of one cookie, then top with another cookie. Repeat.
For filling, incorporate ingredients thoroughly one at a time until frosting is light and fluffy.
Home Made for the Holidays
- Avoid clutter. Keep the background simple -- your cupcake or sweet treat is the star!
- Daytime, natural light is best. If your area is bright enough, try taking the photo without the flash.
- Upload a horizontal photo. If you crop the image on your computer, make sure you keep a landscape 4:3 aspect ratio.
- For best results, make your image 1200x900 (or "save for web").
- With a digital camera, you can take as many photos as possible and choose the best one. Have fun!