8 - 2" heart shaped sugar cookies -store bought or homemade (1 per snowball)
red shoestring licorice
1 - can or tube each of vanilla and chocolate frosting
1 - tube decorator icing
8 - 6" x 1" strips of paper with Valentine messages written or printed on them
How to Make
Use the decorator icing to attach 1 heart shaped cookie to the snowball with the top (bumps) of the heart sticking out from underneath the cake for the feet.
Sandwich the end of one of the message strips between the cookie and the cake, before the icing dries, making sure that the message is still visible.
Use a knife or clean kitchen sheers to cut the shoestring licorice into 16 - 2" pieces (you can save the rest for another project or general snacking)
Then, stick 2 pieces of the cut licorice into the tops of each of the snowballs for the antennas.
Use the vanilla frosting to make 2 spots as large or as small as you like, for the base of the eyes and a smaller dot on top of that with the chocolate frosting to add the pupils to the eyes.Repeat with each critter.
Admire. Then enjoy : )
Home Made for the Holidays
- Avoid clutter. Keep the background simple -- your cupcake or sweet treat is the star!
- Daytime, natural light is best. If your area is bright enough, try taking the photo without the flash.
- Upload a horizontal photo. If you crop the image on your computer, make sure you keep a landscape 4:3 aspect ratio.
- For best results, make your image 1200x900 (or "save for web").
- With a digital camera, you can take as many photos as possible and choose the best one. Have fun!