Cherry pie filling
Maraschino cherries, with stems
Butter cream frosting
Red food coloring
How to Make
Make cake according to directions, baking in two different sized heart-shaped pans. Remove from pans and cool.
Place larger layer of cake on a plate. Spoon cherry pie filling over the top. Place smaller cake on top of pie filling and frost with whipped cream. Drizzle with melted chocolate.
To make the mice, dip maraschino cherries in melted chocolate and place on waxed paper. Put a kiss opposite the stem and use sliced almonds for the ears. To make the eyes, on the kiss place a drop of warm chocolate on top of a dab of butter cream frosting. Finally, make the nose by tinting the frosting red and putting a dab on the tip of the kiss. Decorating pipettes may be helpful in making the eyes and nose. Put the mice on top of the cake with noses touching. Enjoy!
Home Made for the Holidays
- Avoid clutter. Keep the background simple -- your cupcake or sweet treat is the star!
- Daytime, natural light is best. If your area is bright enough, try taking the photo without the flash.
- Upload a horizontal photo. If you crop the image on your computer, make sure you keep a landscape 4:3 aspect ratio.
- For best results, make your image 1200x900 (or "save for web").
- With a digital camera, you can take as many photos as possible and choose the best one. Have fun!