1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup softened butter
1 cup sugar
1 tsp almond or vanilla extract
2 cups powdered sugar
2 tablespoons water
3 drops red food coloring
heart-shaped candy sprinkles
How to Make
Heat oven to 350.
Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in medium mixing bowl.
Use an electric mixer to combine butter, egg, sugar and almond or vanilla extract. Blend until creamy.
Slowly fold in the flour mixture until smooth.
In greased heart-shaped cookie pan, press dough into pan until each cup is halfway full.
Bake 8-10 minutes. Allow cookies to cool. Remove from pan.
Mix powered sugar and water in medium mixing bowl. Add three drops of red food coloring, and mix until the frosting is consistent in color.
Slowly spoon pink frosting into the center of cooled cookies. Immediately sprinkle candy sprinkles on soft frosting.
Allow to sit for 15 minutes before serving. Place 5 hearts in a circle to make a sweet Valentine's flower.
Home Made for the Holidays
- Avoid clutter. Keep the background simple -- your cupcake or sweet treat is the star!
- Daytime, natural light is best. If your area is bright enough, try taking the photo without the flash.
- Upload a horizontal photo. If you crop the image on your computer, make sure you keep a landscape 4:3 aspect ratio.
- For best results, make your image 1200x900 (or "save for web").
- With a digital camera, you can take as many photos as possible and choose the best one. Have fun!