3 tablespoons margarine
6 cups mini (or 60 regular-size) marshmallows
Red food coloring
9 cups Rice Krispies cereal
Heart-shaped cookie cutter
Plastic bags, yarn
How to Make
To begin, lightly coat a 10- by 15-inch baking sheet with cooking spray and set it aside. Melt the margarine in a large pot over low heat. Add the marshmallows, stirring them continuously until they melt. Remove the pan from the heat. Stir in drops of red food coloring until the color receives a thumbs-up from the chef.
Add the Rice Krispies, stirring until they are evenly coated with marshmallow. Spoon the mixture onto the baking sheet. With waxed paper (or lightly buttered hands), smooth out the mixture, spreading it to an even thickness.
Cut out hearts with the cookie cutter. Place each heart in a clear plastic bag, tie on a yarn bow, and they're ready for giving. Makes seven 5-inch hearts.
Home Made for the Holidays
- Avoid clutter. Keep the background simple -- your cupcake or sweet treat is the star!
- Daytime, natural light is best. If your area is bright enough, try taking the photo without the flash.
- Upload a horizontal photo. If you crop the image on your computer, make sure you keep a landscape 4:3 aspect ratio.
- For best results, make your image 1200x900 (or "save for web").
- With a digital camera, you can take as many photos as possible and choose the best one. Have fun!