1 3-ounce box strawberry-flavored Jell-O"
1 16-ounce package frozen sliced strawberries, thawed and drained
1 cup butter, softened
3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Red or pink candies
How to Make
To begin, heat the oven and grease and flour two 8-inch baking pans, one round and one square, as directed on the cake mix box. Add the Jell-O" to the cake mix, then prepare the mix as directed on the box. Fold half of the strawberries into the batter. Pour the batter into the prepared pans and bake according to the package directions. Remove the cakes from the pans and allow them to cool completely on wire racks.
To make the frosting, beat the butter, sugar, and vanilla extract until light and fluffy. Add the remaining strawberries and beat until well combined.
Cut the round cake in half and place the two semicircles against two sides of the square cake, as shown. Spread on the frosting and decorate to your heart's content with the red or pink candies.
Home Made for the Holidays
- Avoid clutter. Keep the background simple -- your cupcake or sweet treat is the star!
- Daytime, natural light is best. If your area is bright enough, try taking the photo without the flash.
- Upload a horizontal photo. If you crop the image on your computer, make sure you keep a landscape 4:3 aspect ratio.
- For best results, make your image 1200x900 (or "save for web").
- With a digital camera, you can take as many photos as possible and choose the best one. Have fun!