1 18.25 oz White Cake Mix
1 1 ounce bottle of red food coloring
Eggs, oil, and water according to package directions
2 containers of creamy white frosting
Red colored sugar
Red JuJu hearts
How to Make
In a large mixing bowl, mix Devil's Food cake mix according to package directions. Add a 1 ounce bottle of red food coloring to give it that Red Velvet cake look.
In another bowl, mix the white cake mix according to package directions. Then alternate the red and white cake batter in 3 nine inch round cake pans using the checkerboard pan divider. (This checkerboard cake pan and divider kit is sold in many bakeware shops and on line) Then bake and let cool.
Assemble the 3 layers of cake and frost. After frosting the cake, sprinkle the top with red colored sugar and the red JuJu gummy hearts.
Home Made for the Holidays
- Avoid clutter. Keep the background simple -- your cupcake or sweet treat is the star!
- Daytime, natural light is best. If your area is bright enough, try taking the photo without the flash.
- Upload a horizontal photo. If you crop the image on your computer, make sure you keep a landscape 4:3 aspect ratio.
- For best results, make your image 1200x900 (or "save for web").
- With a digital camera, you can take as many photos as possible and choose the best one. Have fun!