1 bag strawberry flavored marshmallows, regular sized
5 cups crispy rice cereal
1 cup freeze-dried, unsweetened strawberries, roughly chopped
1 cup mini chocolate morsels
4 oz. semi-sweet chocolate
1 oz. white chocolate
How to Make
Spray an 8"x8" or 9"x9" with cooking spray and set aside.
In large saucepan melt butter or margarine over low heat. Add strawberry marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
Add the crispy rice cereal and stir until all is coated with the melted strawberry marshmallows. Add the mini chocolate morsels and the freeze dried strawberries and stir until mixed in thoroughly.
Pour the crispy rice cereal mixture into the prepared pan. Spray your hands lightly with cooking spray and press the cereal mixture into the pan. Set aside while you prepare the chocolate.
Place the chocolate morsels in a heatproof bowl and set over a pan of simmering water, making sure the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water. Stir the morsels until they are completely melted. Meanwhile, place the white chocolate into a quart-sized zip-top bag. Put into the microwave and microwave in 10 second intervals until completely melted. Set aside.
Once both of the chocolates are melted, spread the melted semi-sweet chocolate over the top of the rice crispy mixture. Tap the pan on the counter to even out the chocolate. Pipe lines of white chocolate every 1/2". Run a toothpick in the opposite direction of the lines to make a pattern. Chill the crispy rice squares. Easiest to cut with a warm knife.
Home Made for the Holidays
- Avoid clutter. Keep the background simple -- your cupcake or sweet treat is the star!
- Daytime, natural light is best. If your area is bright enough, try taking the photo without the flash.
- Upload a horizontal photo. If you crop the image on your computer, make sure you keep a landscape 4:3 aspect ratio.
- For best results, make your image 1200x900 (or "save for web").
- With a digital camera, you can take as many photos as possible and choose the best one. Have fun!