How to Make
I used a ball cake pan to make the carrage, the doll cake pan to make the princess and I hand drew the horses onto rolled out cookie dough and baked them. To get the houses to stand, I made a brace out of the cookie dough and frosted it into place. All of the flowers were done ahead of time and placed on the cake the day before. I used strings of pearls as the horses bridle and also as decoration around the wheels, which were also cookies. The ruffles in the dress were made by rolling tubes of fondant and placing them under the dress.
Home Made for the Holidays
- Avoid clutter. Keep the background simple -- your cupcake or sweet treat is the star!
- Daytime, natural light is best. If your area is bright enough, try taking the photo without the flash.
- Upload a horizontal photo. If you crop the image on your computer, make sure you keep a landscape 4:3 aspect ratio.
- For best results, make your image 1200x900 (or "save for web").
- With a digital camera, you can take as many photos as possible and choose the best one. Have fun!