red food coloring
1/3 cup stick margarine, melted
2 cups powdered sugar
1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
2-4 tablespoons hot water
1 tablespoon cocoa
How to Make
mix angel good cake according to the directions on the box. Just before putting batter in the baking pan, add red food coloring and fold in just until the batter is streaked. Bake in appropriate pan as directed. Let cool.
Glaze: mix together melted margarine, powdered sugar, cocoa, and vanilla. Then add enough hot water to desired consistency.
Once cake is cooled, but to desired portion and place on serving plate. Put glaze into piping bag or zipper baggy and cut off corner. Pipe out heart onto angel food cake and additional glaze decorations.
Home Made for the Holidays
- Avoid clutter. Keep the background simple -- your cupcake or sweet treat is the star!
- Daytime, natural light is best. If your area is bright enough, try taking the photo without the flash.
- Upload a horizontal photo. If you crop the image on your computer, make sure you keep a landscape 4:3 aspect ratio.
- For best results, make your image 1200x900 (or "save for web").
- With a digital camera, you can take as many photos as possible and choose the best one. Have fun!