felt for icing and decorations (I used pink and chocolate felt but white or actually any colors of felt could be used)
a couple of yards of heavy curtain trim or lace to make it pretty enough to eat...well almost!
How to Make
Be creative. Use your imagination to make your cake as sweet as sweet can be. Decorate it for your favorite sweetheart in her favorite colors.
I had so much fun making the cake that I got carried away and made cupcakes, ice cream cones, fortune cookies, and cake rolls. That lead to me making a full felt breakfast of fried eggs, bacon, pancakes and strawberries. And a full size felt pizza - cut into 6 slices - complete with pepperoni, onions, peppers, mushrooms and olives.
Who knows what I will think of to make next...I am having as much fun making these adorable play treats as they are going to have playing with them!
Home Made for the Holidays
- Avoid clutter. Keep the background simple -- your cupcake or sweet treat is the star!
- Daytime, natural light is best. If your area is bright enough, try taking the photo without the flash.
- Upload a horizontal photo. If you crop the image on your computer, make sure you keep a landscape 4:3 aspect ratio.
- For best results, make your image 1200x900 (or "save for web").
- With a digital camera, you can take as many photos as possible and choose the best one. Have fun!