2 cups flour
1/4 t. salt
1/2 t. baking powder
1 stick salted butter
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 t. vanilla
Store bought frosting
Several types of candy: m&ms, conversation hearts, licorice, candy sticks, etc.
How to Make
Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla.
With mixer on low speed, gradually add flour, salt and baking powder until combined. Gather dough and flatten into a disc. Wrap in plastic and chill for 1 hour.
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Roll out dough on a well floured
surface to 1/4 inch thick. Use a heart cookie cutter to cut out several hearts. Place two hearts together with the
points overlapping. Bake for 8-10 minutes - take out the
cookies before they brown. Cool, then decorate!
Home Made for the Holidays
- Avoid clutter. Keep the background simple -- your cupcake or sweet treat is the star!
- Daytime, natural light is best. If your area is bright enough, try taking the photo without the flash.
- Upload a horizontal photo. If you crop the image on your computer, make sure you keep a landscape 4:3 aspect ratio.
- For best results, make your image 1200x900 (or "save for web").
- With a digital camera, you can take as many photos as possible and choose the best one. Have fun!