1/2 c. butter, softened (that's one stick)
1 can cherry pie filling
buttercream icing (recipe below)
chocolate sprinkles, optional (you can find them near the ice cream toppings or in the cooking aisle)
note: this recipe uses about half the can of cherry pie filling, so I usually double it and use the whole can.
How to Make
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix cake mix, egg, and butter in a medium bowl until well blended and stiff dough forms. Roll into 1" balls and set on greased cookie sheet. With your thumb, make an indentation on each ball.
Open pie filing and place one cherry and a bit of sauce in each cookie's indentation. Bake for 8-10 minutes until just set. Cookies will spread when baking. Cool completely.
Put frosting in a pasty bag with a star tip (or a ziploc bag with the end snipped off). Make a circle of frosting around the cookie's center and garnish with sprinkles.
Home Made for the Holidays
- Avoid clutter. Keep the background simple -- your cupcake or sweet treat is the star!
- Daytime, natural light is best. If your area is bright enough, try taking the photo without the flash.
- Upload a horizontal photo. If you crop the image on your computer, make sure you keep a landscape 4:3 aspect ratio.
- For best results, make your image 1200x900 (or "save for web").
- With a digital camera, you can take as many photos as possible and choose the best one. Have fun!