Valentine's Cupcakes and Sweet Treats Contest Rules
FamilyFun.com's Valentine's Cupcakes & Sweet Treats Contest
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN, NOR WILL A PURCHASE IMPROVE ONE'S CHANCES OF WINNING
1. SPONSOR: Walt Disney Internet Group, 500 South Buena Vista St., Burbank, CA 91521-6891 ("Mail Address"), is solely responsible for all aspects of this contest ("Contest").
3. ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible as a Contestant for this Contest, at the time of entering, you must be:  a natural person legally residing in, and physically located within, the 50 United States or the District of Columbia (collectively, "Territory");  18 or older;  a Member, having complied with the TOU;  not an employee, consultant, independent contractor or intern who has, within the past six months, performed services for Sponsor or any organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Contest or supplying the prize, or their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated or successor companies (collectively, "Entities"), nor a member of his/her household or immediate family and  willing to have your Submission featured and published on the Website or otherwise distributed, in connection with, or to promote, the Contest and/or the Website. "Household members" shall mean people who share the same residence at least three months a year. "Immediate family members" shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses.
4. ENTRY: During the Entry Period, you may enter the Contest by registering as a Member, clicking on the link to the Valentine's Cupcakes & Sweet Treats Contest, following the entry instructions to submit your Submission and clicking on the "submit" button ("Entry"). Only valid email addresses (individually, "Address") will be accepted for registration, as determined solely by the Sponsor. At Sponsor's sole discretion, you will be disqualified if you create invalid Addresses with intent to affect the integrity of the voting process. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service will apply. It is your sole responsibility to notify the Sponsor in writing if you change your Address. To do so, go to Website, log in, click on the "Modify" icon and follow the instructions on how to change your Address.
5. CONTEST MATERIALS: "Contest Materials" include: all information and material submitted by you in connection with the Contest, including the Submission and all other forms, contracts or releases required to be submitted by you as a Contestant, whether required by Sponsor prior to or after Entry. Except as specifically provided herein, by entering the Contest, you agree to grant to Sponsor a non-exclusive, fully-paid, irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicenseable and transferable worldwide license to use, re-use, reproduce, transmit, display, distribute, re-distribute, copy, store, modify, adapt, translate, create derivative works based upon and publicly perform the contents of the Contest Materials, in whole or in part, in all media, formats and channels now known or hereafter devised, for the duration of the rights in each country, area and space, and throughout the universe, in perpetuity and in all languages, formats and versions. Upon Sponsor's request, you agree to assist the Sponsor in obtaining the consent for any other applications.
6. LIMITATIONS: By submitting the Contest Materials in the Contest, you represent and warrant to Sponsor that the Contest Materials and everything depicted therein:  do not originate from a magazine, newspaper or other commercial or proprietary source;  do not infringe upon or otherwise violate any right of any person, firm or entity;  comply with the TOU and the Rules;  do not contain any trademarks, logos, insignia, location signage, photographs, artwork or sculptures or other material (e.g., on props, background) that would infringe any third party's copyrights or trademarks;  have not previously been submitted in a contest of any kind or exhibited or displayed publicly through any means and  do not contain material which is (or promotes activities which are) sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, violent (e.g., relating to murder, the sales of weapons, cruelty, abuse, etc.), discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, national origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), illegal (e.g. underage drinking, substance abuse, computer hacking, etc.), offensive, threatening, profane, harassing, defamatory, libelous, infringing or otherwise objectionable or unlawful as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. You further represent and warrant to Sponsor that:  you have all rights, licenses, permissions and consents necessary to submit the Contest Materials in the Contest in accordance with the Rules;  no person other than you, nor any entity, has any right, title or interest in and to any part of the Contest Materials and  you are not subject to any agreement or arrangement that would interfere with your entering this Contest and granting all the rights granted hereunder or that would conflict with any other documentation required hereunder. Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, disqualify and remove any Contestant that Sponsor deems to be in violation of these Limitations at any time. All Entries must be received during the Entry Period. You may submit more than one Entry provided that each Entry embodies a different Submission. In event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an Entry, the Entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the Address is registered. Entries by any method other than set forth above in Section 4 are void. Any use of automated or programmed methods of effecting Entry is prohibited. Neither the Entities, nor any of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents or representatives (individually and collectively, "Releasees") are responsible for Entries from persons residing, or physically located, outside the Territory; Entries that are altered, delayed, deleted, destroyed, forged, fraudulent, improperly accessed, inaccurate, incomplete, interrupted, irregular in any way, late, lost, misrouted, multiple, non-delivered, stolen, tampered with, unauthorized, unintelligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Rules; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections; miscommunications; failed phone, computer hardware or software or telephone transmissions; technical failures; unauthorized human intervention; traffic congestion; garbled or jumbled transmissions; undeliverable emails resulting from any form of active or passive email filtering; insufficient space in entrant's email account to receive email; or other errors of any kind, whether due to electronic, human, mechanical, printing, production or technical errors or other causes; even if caused by the negligence of any of the Releasees. Each of such potential Entries will be disqualified. The Sponsor is not obligated to communicate with any Contestant during the duration of the Contest. Void where prohibited or restricted by law and subject to all applicable federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations. Please review these Rules and the TOU carefully; however, in the event of a conflict between the Rules and the TOU, the Rules will control.
7. PRIZES: ONE (1) EDITOR'S CHOICE PRIZE: one (1) $500 Williams-Sonoma gift certificate (approximate retail value ["ARV"]: $500). ONE (1) VOTER'S CHOICE PRIZE: one (1) $100 Williams-Sonoma gift certificate (ARV: $100). Total ARV of both prizes: $600. Limit one prize per person/Address. Prizes will be delivered to winners within sixty (60) days after selection of winners. Prizes are not redeemable for cash or transferable, except an Editor's Choice Prize is transferable to a surviving spouse residing in the same household. No substitution allowed except, at Sponsor's sole discretion, a prize of equal or greater value may be substituted. Both prizes will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible Entries are received and prizes validly claimed by April 16, 2009, after which no alternate winners will be selected, nor unclaimed prizes awarded.
8. PROCEDURES: On or about March 3, 2009, all eligible Entries received will be judged by the Sponsor to select one (1) potential Editor's Choice Prize winner on the basis of the Criteria. During the Entry Period, the Members will be invited to vote on all eligible Entries received by applying the Criteria to determine the one (1) potential Voter's Choice Prize winner. Entries will not be eligible for voting until the photo is pre-moderated and posted; therefore, there may be a slight lag time between when the photo is uploaded and when it is posted and eligible for voting. Limit one vote per valid Address per Day for each Entry. If the Sponsor suspects invalid voting, including but not limited to, the use of script, macro or other automated or programmed methods of voting, or the setting up of an invalid Address or Addresses in order to create dummy usernames, with the intent to affect the integrity of the voting process, the perpetrators and beneficiaries will each be eliminated from the Contest, at Sponsor's sole discretion. The one Entry accumulating the most valid votes during the Entry Period, as determined solely by the Sponsor, will be the potential Voter's Choice Prize winner.
9. WINNERS: The potential winners will be notified by email on or about March 9, 2009. At the sole discretion of the Sponsor, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following:  potential winner's failure to respond to notification within seven (7) days after its transmission;  the return of an email notification as undeliverable after three (3) attempts;  the return of any other notice or a prize as undeliverable;  potential winner's failure to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof of age, identity and residency;  potential Editor's Choice Prize winner's failure to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability/Publicity Release within seven (7) days after it is requested;  potential winner's failure to claim any prize within ten (10) days after it is sent; potential winner's failure to validly claim any prize by April 16, 2009 and  any other non-compliance with Rules. In the event of a prize forfeiture, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, award or not award the forfeited prize to an alternate winner. All taxes are solely the responsibility of each winner.
12. RULES & WINNERS' LIST: For names of winners (after March 9, and before September 14, 2009) and/or Rules (before December 29, 2008), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: FamilyFun.com's Valentine's Cupcakes & Sweet Treats Contest, to the Mail Address, designating either winners or Rules. The winners' names will also be posted on the Website on or about April 6, 2009
Home Made for the Holidays
Tips for Taking a Great Photo:
- Avoid clutter. Keep the background simple -- your cupcake or sweet treat is the star!
- Daytime, natural light is best. If your area is bright enough, try taking the photo without the flash.
- Upload a horizontal photo. If you crop the image on your computer, make sure you keep a landscape 4:3 aspect ratio.
- For best results, make your image 1200x900 (or "save for web").
- With a digital camera, you can take as many photos as possible and choose the best one. Have fun!