How to Make
You don't need any fancy software or need to be a good cook or crafty to make these cupcakes. Print off (free) clip art from your computer or the internet then print off pictures of your kids, family, or event your pets! (Note: There are many websites that offer free clip art to copy or download to your computer.)
Cut the heads off the pictures and tape/glue to the clip art. Tape the completed clip art to a toothpick and insert into the cupcakes.
You may want to laminate your finished work before adhering to a toothpick. The kids just love these and always want to keep them! They make great "puppets" when you're done using them on the cupcakes.
Home Made for the Holidays
- Avoid clutter. Keep the background simple -- your cupcake or sweet treat is the star!
- Daytime, natural light is best. If your area is bright enough, try taking the photo without the flash.
- Upload a horizontal photo. If you crop the image on your computer, make sure you keep a landscape 4:3 aspect ratio.
- For best results, make your image 1200x900 (or "save for web").
- With a digital camera, you can take as many photos as possible and choose the best one. Have fun!