Candy Conversation hearts.
How to Make
Bake the cupcakes. I used Duncan Hines. Tint the chocolate frosting black.
Roll out white fondant and mark gridlines on it. I used a regular paint brush with wilton coloring and a tiny bit of water. I painted the table cloth pattern on the fondant but this worls great for making board games and other complicated motifs. The coloring will dry within a few minutes and the fondant will still be workable. In this case I wanted it to drape like fabric.
Frist and arrange cupcakes as a pullapart. Drap the fondant over them. I used 4. You can do this in any scale. Then pipe little ants and att candy conversation hearts.
Home Made for the Holidays
- Avoid clutter. Keep the background simple -- your cupcake or sweet treat is the star!
- Daytime, natural light is best. If your area is bright enough, try taking the photo without the flash.
- Upload a horizontal photo. If you crop the image on your computer, make sure you keep a landscape 4:3 aspect ratio.
- For best results, make your image 1200x900 (or "save for web").
- With a digital camera, you can take as many photos as possible and choose the best one. Have fun!