3-4 containers of cream cheese frosting
1 pkg of white mini muffin liners
1 pkg of valentines mini muffin liners
1 cake bored large enough for your pattern
red food coloring
How to Make
Bake your cake mix following the muffin directions. Bake in white mini muffin liners or double up the Valentine muffin liners. I like to bake in the white and put them in the "fancy" liners because then you can see the design better. Let cool. (When they are cool you can place the cupcakes in the Valentine muffin wrappers if you didn't bake in them.)
While cooling you can start getting your frosting ready by dropping your food coloring in one drop at a time till you are happy with the color. I then used a star tip to frost them but if you would like you can use a round or even just use a knife. Then lay them out on your cake bored in your desired heart pattern.
When you have your desired design put a dollop of frosting on the bottom of your cupcake to hold it in place. When done I sprinkled some Valentine shaped sprinkles over the top for added decoration. It was a HUGE hit and can be done for any holiday or birthday.
Home Made for the Holidays
- Avoid clutter. Keep the background simple -- your cupcake or sweet treat is the star!
- Daytime, natural light is best. If your area is bright enough, try taking the photo without the flash.
- Upload a horizontal photo. If you crop the image on your computer, make sure you keep a landscape 4:3 aspect ratio.
- For best results, make your image 1200x900 (or "save for web").
- With a digital camera, you can take as many photos as possible and choose the best one. Have fun!