Eggs (as directed on box)
Oil (as directed on box)
1 C. buttermilk
1/2 c. cherry pie filling
White chocolate chips
White candy melts
Pink candy melts (optional, you can tint the white with food coloring)
Pink edible glitter or sprinkles (optional)
Red food coloring
How to Make
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupake pans with liners. In a medium mixing bowl, mix cake mix, oil, buttermilk, eggs, and cherry pie filling. (If you want more pink color, add a drop or two of red food coloring). Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full and bake 12-18 minutes or until done. Cool completely.
For the butterflies, melt white candy melts and put in plastic baggie. Snip the end. On a piece of wax paper, draw pairs of wings and candy cane shapes (for antennae). Melt the pink candy melts (or tint the white with a little red food coloring). Put in plastic baggie, snip the end, and fill in the wings. Sprinkle with edible glitter or sprinkles. Let dry completely.
Place frosting in a gallon ziploc baggie and seal. Snip off a corner of the bag to pipe the icing. Take a large marshmallow and attach to the top of cupake with a dallop of frosting. Then, make circles around the cupcake with icing, starting at the base and working your way to the top. Decorate with chocoalte chips (put them "point downward" into the icing so they look like polka dots). Press a pair of butterfly wings into the side of the cupcake (you can pipe on a body also with white icing if you want) and add a pair of antennae. Watch these sweet butterflies fly off the plate!
Home Made for the Holidays
- Avoid clutter. Keep the background simple -- your cupcake or sweet treat is the star!
- Daytime, natural light is best. If your area is bright enough, try taking the photo without the flash.
- Upload a horizontal photo. If you crop the image on your computer, make sure you keep a landscape 4:3 aspect ratio.
- For best results, make your image 1200x900 (or "save for web").
- With a digital camera, you can take as many photos as possible and choose the best one. Have fun!