Vanilla Frosting - your favorite recipe or canned
Chocolate Frosting - your favorite recipe or canned
Vanilla Sugar Wafer Cookies
Strawberry Sugar Wafer Cookies
Chocolate Sugar Wafer Cookies
Pink or Red Food Coloring
How to Make
Tint 1/2 of the Vanilla Frosting with food coloring to achieve a cheery pink color.
Fill three parchment cones or three sandwich baggies with a dollop of pink, vanilla and chocolate frosting. Snip the tip with a very small hole to allow a very thin line of frosting.
Pipe the frosting onto the wafer cookies to create an "envelope" as shown in the photo.
Pipe Pink Frosting on the vanilla wafer.
Pipe White Frosting on the chocolate wafer.
Pipe Chocolate Frosting on the pink wafer.
Press a heart-shaped sprinkle onto the "flap" of the envelope.
Frost 1/3 of the cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting
Frost 1/3 of the cupcakes with Vanilla Frosting
Frost 1/3 of the cupcales with Pink Frosting
Top chocolate-frosted cupcakes with decorated vanilla wafer cookies
Top pink-frosted cupcakes with decorated chocolate wafer cookies.
Top vanilla-frosted cupcakes with decorated pink wafer cookies.
Home Made for the Holidays
- Avoid clutter. Keep the background simple -- your cupcake or sweet treat is the star!
- Daytime, natural light is best. If your area is bright enough, try taking the photo without the flash.
- Upload a horizontal photo. If you crop the image on your computer, make sure you keep a landscape 4:3 aspect ratio.
- For best results, make your image 1200x900 (or "save for web").
- With a digital camera, you can take as many photos as possible and choose the best one. Have fun!