Oh heck, Everybody loves them!
Chocolate and White cake, all cupcakes iced with butter cream icing.
A cupcake wedding seemed to be more time consuming, but easier at the same time!
Each one having to be decorated. For this wedding I did 110 Jumbo cupcakes and a 6" topper. The top cake was crumb iced then covered with fondant!
half the cupcakes were Chocolate and half were Classic White
Topper was Chocolate cake with buttercream filling.
Living in Colorado I used the high altiutde recipe on Duncan Hines cake box.
AMAZING Buttercream Icing:
(Cupcakes were iced and swirls were made with this icing)
2lbs confectioners sugar
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup Duncan Hines white cake mix (dry)
1 cup Crisco
2/3 cup ice cold water
(Satin Ice Fondant used! VERY YUMMY FONDANT)
Rolled and colored with black paste color
Flowers were cut out of fondant and sprayed with edible Sparkle!
Blend on high for 2 minutes! Great texture for buttercream! Not at all gritty! Yum!
How to Make
Basic cupcakes were made using high altitude recipe (Duncan Hines). The large JUMBO cupcake pans. Lined with white jumbo papers.
Cooled and iced with buttercream. White cupcakes were iced with Black colored buttercream and Chocolate were iced the white. After Buttercream is aloud to crust I lay a paper towel on top and gently smooth over top witha fondant "smoother" to get a fondant shiney look.
Swirls were made freehand. no template was used,
and created with buttercream and a #3 TIP.
Flowers were cutout and set aside to harden three days prior to assembling the tower.
Topper: 6" Chocolate Cake
crumb iced with buttercream.
Covered with black fondant
and swirls and flowers were added.
Tiny flowers (daisies) were placed sporadically throughout the tower on the front side of the paper lining to give the entire tower a finished look for front view photos!
Home Made for the Holidays
- Avoid clutter. Keep the background simple -- your cupcake or sweet treat is the star!
- Daytime, natural light is best. If your area is bright enough, try taking the photo without the flash.
- Upload a horizontal photo. If you crop the image on your computer, make sure you keep a landscape 4:3 aspect ratio.
- For best results, make your image 1200x900 (or "save for web").
- With a digital camera, you can take as many photos as possible and choose the best one. Have fun!