1 stick butter
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
2 oz dark chocolate
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/4 cups sugar
1/2 teaspoon chocolate extract
For the Marshmallow Frosting:
4 large egg whites
1 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon cream of tarter
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
5 drops food color
How to Make
Makes 12 cupcakes
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Line 12 cupcake tins with baking cups
1. Place the butter, cocoa, and dark chocolate in a medium bowl and place bowl over a pan of simmering water. Stir until butter is melted. Remove from heat, stir until chocolate is melted and incorporated into butter. Let cool.
2. In another bowl combine flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
3. In large bowl whip the eggs and sugar until light(about two minutes). Add chocolate extract, whip until combined.
4. Add melted and cooled chocolate mixture to the egg mixture and mix until thoroughly blended. Add flour gradually while mixing until thoroughly combined.
5. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups, filling each about 2/3rds full.
6. Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool.
1. Place egg whites, sugar and cream of tarter in the heatproof bowl of an electric mixer. Set over a pan of simmering water. Whisk constantly until sugar is dissolved, 3 - 4 minutes.
2. Transfer bowl to electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, and beat, starting on low speed, gradually increasing to high until stiff, glossy peaks form, 5 to 7 minutes. Add vanilla and food color and mix until combined. Use immediately.
3. Fill pastry bag fitted with star tip and pipe marshmallow onto cooled cupcakes.
Home Made for the Holidays
- Avoid clutter. Keep the background simple -- your cupcake or sweet treat is the star!
- Daytime, natural light is best. If your area is bright enough, try taking the photo without the flash.
- Upload a horizontal photo. If you crop the image on your computer, make sure you keep a landscape 4:3 aspect ratio.
- For best results, make your image 1200x900 (or "save for web").
- With a digital camera, you can take as many photos as possible and choose the best one. Have fun!