* White or buttercream frosting
* Large marshmellows
* Small colored marshmellows OR small candy (such as M&M's)
* Any color or sugar sprinkles that you desire
How to Make
Make cupcakes following directions on cake mix box. Allow them to cool completely and then frost each cupcake.
To make the flower petals, cut a large marshmallow into four sections. You will need at least five petals to make the flower. After you cut the large marshmallow into the petals, use the sticky side of a petal to put colored sugar sprinkles on it. (TIP - I usually put the spinkles into a small box or plate and then press the petal into the sprinkles to make sure the entire petal is covered.)
After the petals are applied to the cupcake, put a small colored marshmallow (or small candy) in the middle of the petals for the flower bud.
Use your creativity to make all different types of jeweled flowers.
Home Made for the Holidays
- Avoid clutter. Keep the background simple -- your cupcake or sweet treat is the star!
- Daytime, natural light is best. If your area is bright enough, try taking the photo without the flash.
- Upload a horizontal photo. If you crop the image on your computer, make sure you keep a landscape 4:3 aspect ratio.
- For best results, make your image 1200x900 (or "save for web").
- With a digital camera, you can take as many photos as possible and choose the best one. Have fun!