Heart shaped gummy candies, or gumdrops flattened with a rolling pin and shaped into petals
yellow peanut M&Ms (find them in bulk candies for easier selection)
chocolate candy making wafers
mini chocolate chips
How to Make
Frost the cupcake as desired.
Create the flower by placing a heart shaped gummy in the center. To make petals use more heart shaped candies, or flatten gumdrops with a rolling pin.
To make the bee, place 1/4 cup chocolate candy melts in a quart size freezer bag. Microwave for 1 minute at 50% then squeeze bag to mix them around. Keep microwaving at 15 second increments until the chocolate is completely melted. Snip a tiny hole in the corner of the bag.
Working on wax paper place a small dime size circle on the paper. Top with the yellow M&Ms. To make stripes, simply stripe chocolate across each M&M (don't worry if it doesn't cover the sides) - the wings cover them.
To make wings, draw small hearts with the chocolate on the wax paper. Place in fridge for 2 minutes to harden.
To place bee onto cupcake, use a small amount of the melted chocolate to attach. When attaching wings, use more melted chocolate. For eyes, add a small dab of frosting, then use a mini - chocolate chip for each eye.
Finally, make heart shape signs using card stock and toothpicks to tell your valentine to "Bee Mine!"
Home Made for the Holidays
- Avoid clutter. Keep the background simple -- your cupcake or sweet treat is the star!
- Daytime, natural light is best. If your area is bright enough, try taking the photo without the flash.
- Upload a horizontal photo. If you crop the image on your computer, make sure you keep a landscape 4:3 aspect ratio.
- For best results, make your image 1200x900 (or "save for web").
- With a digital camera, you can take as many photos as possible and choose the best one. Have fun!