Friday Harborview website
125 Nichols St.
Friday Harbor, 98250
Susie's Mopeds Description
Zip along winding roads, through pine-scented forests, and past the ocean shore on your very own moped. Families can get in on the action by renting "Scootcars" to carry young passengers, or larger Geo Trackers to seat up to four people. The island is small enough and the mopeds zippy enough that you can get to any of the island's attractions pretty easily. Rent for the day for a maximum of sightseeing fun or by the hour for a quick change of pace.
Toddlers & Pre-K: Scootcar passengers must be at least 5 years old. If you have a younger family, rent a Geo Tracker instead.
School-Age Kids: Rent a Scootcar and let younger kids ride along as passengers. The Roche Harbor location is close to a beach and English Camp for outdoor breaks in the action.
Pre-Teens & Teens: Newly licensed drivers will get a thrill out of renting a moped, especially in Friday Harbor, since it's close to shopping, ferries, and restaurants. Drivers must be licensed, though -- a learner's permit won't do.
- Call ahead. The Friday Harbor location is usually busier than Roche Harbor. It's worth calling to make sure they have enough mopeds or Scootcars available.
- Bring your driver's license. Drivers must be at least 25 to rent a Geo Tracker or Scootcar, and 18 to rent a moped (younger moped drivers are allowed if accompanied by a parent or guardian).
- Bring a credit card. Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover are accepted as a deposit for the vehicle you're renting.
- Dress appropriately. If you're renting a moped, Washington State law requires eye protection. Susie's also recommends closed-toe shoes.
- Pair up drivers with passengers. Moped drivers must have a motorcycle license to carry a passenger. Otherwise, rent a Scootcar or Geo Tracker.
Just the Facts
Hours: Mid-spring to September 30: Daily 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Closed October to mid-spring (depending on weather).
Fees: Over $40
Recommended Time: 1 - 2 hours