Myrtle Beachview website
1185 Celebrity Circle
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
Arcade / Game Room
Imagine making flowers talk, treasure chests open, crystals light up, and characters in paintings come to life, all with a computerized (but very wizardy-looking) wand. That's just what kids do at MagiQuest. The object is to complete quests and adventures, sort of like going on a high-tech treasure hunt. Along the way visitors collect virtual gold pieces by accomplishing tasks and finding treasures. Preschoolers and teens alike, many in medieval costumes, delight in finding clues and solving the puzzles. If your kids are Harry Potter fans, do not skip MagiQuest.
Toddlers & Pre-K: They might not really understand the process of collecting "runes" to try to solve quests, but they'll certainly like casting their magic wands and making cool things happen.
School-Age Kids: If they like video games or Harry Potter, they'll love Magiquest. They may need a little help figuring out the puzzles.
Pre-Teens & Teens: Some teens might feel too sophisticated for this kind of fun, but others will get into the spirit. Many dress as their characters in the popular computer game Runescape.
- Wear comfortable shoes. Even the grown-ups. You'll be running around the two-level medieval-themed "castle" with your kids.
- Hold onto the wand. Bring the wand with you on your next visit, and your kids can pick up just where they left off.
- Bring a grandparent or two. Admission is free for grandparents because they possess so much magic through their wisdom.
- Crowd avoidance. Visit early or late for smaller crowds.
- Seek help. Ask the "magi" (costumed workers) for help if you get stuck on a puzzle. They have powerful magic.
- Check out the dragon. If your toddler gets antsy, step outside and look toward Dragon's Lair Fantasy Golf. The giant dragon regularly breathes fire!
- Stand under the domes. At various computer stations, kids get instructions or hints from on-screen wizards. But the noise of the other magi-in-training can make it hard to hear. Standing under the listening domes makes it easier.
Just the Facts
Hours: Summer: 10 a.m.-8 p.m. every day. Off-Season: Mon.-Fri. 1 p.m.-8 p.m., Sat.-Sun. 11 a.m.-8 p.m.
Fees: $10 - $20
Recommended Time: 1 to 2 hours