West Mifflinview website
4800 Kennywood Blvd.
West Mifflin, PA 15122
Kennywood Park Description
Kennywood is a dream come true for roller-coaster fans: it combines the classic feel of older coasters (one has been around since 1921) with thrilling new rides like the Phantom's Revenge (which features a 230-foot drop and speeds up to 85 miles per hour). Need a break from the many roller coasters? Try walking through the award-winning Noah's Ark, a funhouse that features optical illusions, shaking floors, and plenty of noisy animals. Don't miss Ghostwood Estate, the newest addition: guests ride through the haunted house in the dark, armed with laser blasters to protect themselves from ghosts.
Babies: Strollers are available for rental at the front gate.
Toddlers & Pre-K: All rides have height restrictions. Ward off disappointment by checking the website in advance to make sure your little one makes the cut.
- Strategize. Arrive early and start in the back of the park to beat the crowds. Go on water rides early in the day or in the evening for shorter lines.
- Save money and have more fun. You can buy a combination ticket for Kennywood and the nearby water park, Sandcastle, to use on the same day.
- Parents don't miss out. Kennywood has a "parent swap" policy. While one parent rides, the other can wait at the exit with their child; when the ride's over, the waiting parent is able to ride without having to wait in line.
- Band up. Take advantage of the free wristband ID bracelet program. Write your child's name and your mobile phone number on the bracelet; if you're separated, park staff will call your mobile to arrange a meeting point.
- Stow your stuff. Lockers are available above the Kandy Kaleidoscope.
- Save some bucks. Tickets are greatly discounted if you arrive after 5 p.m.
Just the Facts
Hours: Open May to October, daily during the peak summer season, generally 10:30 a.m.-10 p.m. Check the Web site before visiting as hours are subject to change on a daily basis.
Recommended Time: Half day