Old Cityview website
1 Riverside Dr
Camden, NJ 08103
Adventure Aquarium Description
This world-class aquarium is mind-blowing. Where else can you get within snapping distance of crocodiles, touch a shark, feed sea turtles, and watch hippos bob for lettuce? The state-of-the-art 4-D theater (the fourth "D" is for elements like wind and water) is fun for older kids, while younger children will enjoy touching seastars, anemones, crabs, and snails in the Creature Feature.
Babies: The 4-D theater does not allow babies (even if they're being carried) or children under 36 inches tall.
School-Age Kids: The shark tunnel is just scary enough to be fun for this age group. Follow that up with the Touch-a-Shark exhibit. They won't want to leave!
- Day trip to New Jersey. The aquarium is located just across the Delaware River in New Jersey. To get there, take a ferry from Penn's Landing for extra fun.
- Timed tickets are required. Admission is scheduled every hour, and tickets often sell out. To avoid disappointment (not to mention long lines), buy tickets through the aquarium website or through Ticketmaster.
- Don't miss feedings and shows. As soon as you arrive, pick up the daily show schedule from the Information Desk.
- Go on Saturday or Sunday morning, or a weekday afternoon. Weekend mornings and weekday afternoons usually see fewer crowds.
- Eat lunch there. The restaurant has an outdoor deck, where you'll enjoy a beautiful view of Philadelphia.
Just the Facts
Hours: Daily 9:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
Fees: $10 - $20
Recommended Time: Half day