8462 Enchanted Way Se
Turner, OR 97392
Enchanted Forest Description
Enchanted Forest is a unique amusement park and a lovely place for children of all ages. Walk through the Tudor-style entranceway and find yourself among statues of favorite fairytale characters set in the Oregon woods. There's a lot for younger kids to do, and, though not a thrill-seeker's paradise, there are age-appropriate rides for everyone: toddlers pilot their own boats, preschoolers walk into the Seven Dwarves' mines, older kids enjoy the 40-foot drop log flume and a truly terrifying haunted house. There's something fun and unexpected about happening upon beloved characters like Humpty Dumpty and Little Red Riding Hood in the midst of the forest greenery.
Babies: There's not much for small babies to do here, though they'll like the lights, music, and cascading water of the free water show.
Toddlers & Pre-K: The Frog Hopper, Kiddy Bumper Boats, Kiddy Train, and Kiddy Ferris Wheel are just right for this age. Intrepid preschoolers may want to ride the Bobsled rollercoaster as well (must be 34" tall). Don't miss Storybook Lane, Western Town, and the water light show.
School-Age Kids: Best for the under 10 set. Some school-aged kids will find the park "boring" and want to skip Storybook Lane. Put them on the Bobsled and the other faster rides and they'll stop complaining.
- Bring a picnic. Tables are available throughout the park.
- Dress warmly. Even in the summer the forest is several degrees cooler than the city. An umbrella's a good idea too -- many rides stay open in the rain (and this is Oregon, after all).
- Expect to take your time. This is a park to meander through and enjoy. Stop and look at the art sculptures, slip down the slides, and go into the little Tudor-style town.
- Bring cash. Admission to the park is inexpensive, but rides cost extra.
- Go on Sunday morning. You'll feel like you have the park all to yourself on weekday and Sunday mornings, but the crowds come out on Saturdays.
Just the Facts
Hours: 9:30 a.m.-6 p.m. daily May 1-Labor Day 9:30 a.m.-7 p.m. most summer weekends Winter hours vary widely Check the Web site: http://www.enchantedforest.com/general_info/park_schedule.html.
Fees: Under $10
Recommended Time: Half day