Saddle Up Stables
Saddle Up Stables
3513 Lake George Drive
Lake George, NY 12845
Saddle Up Stables Description
You've boated, biked, hiked and swam. The only form of transportation left is a horseback ride. One-hour rides amble up to the top of Lookout Mountain where you get to appreciate the quiet of the wooded trails while soaking up some of the best water views this side of Lake George. Novice rider? No problem. Saddle Up accommodates all levels of horsemen, and gentle steeds like Bandit and Star cater to even the most timid beginner.
Babies: The littlest ones won't be able to ride the trails. But even the wee ones can grab a pony ride, assuming mom or dad is willing to hold them.
School-Age Kids: They'll probably want to ride, but you'll need to know they're big enough. Those younger than age 6 or smaller than 48-inches will be limited to the pony pen.
Pre-Teens & Teens: The more adventurous may prefer a more adventurous ride. Bennett's Riding Stable on Lake Luzerne offers three-hour sunset rides that include dinner.
- Dress appropriately. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are a must. Bug spray is even better.
- Hit the showers. Don't plan to hit the dinner circuit directly afterwards. You will smell like horse. Honest.
- Alternate route. Guides will lead the truly timid on a short ride around the corrale. For some people, it's just enough.
- Horse sense. Knowledgeable guides are good at sizing up which riders should ride which horses. But, if your child has a particularly shy disposition, make sure to mention it up front.
- Read up. The stable's website includes some tips for riders, not a bad read before saddling up.
- No reservations required. Just come by.
Just the Facts
Hours: Mid-May through Memorial Day, daily 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Fees: More than $40.
Recommended Time: 1 - 2 hours