Puerto Moralesview website
Km 31 Riviera Maya
+52 998-850 37 19
Crococun Zoo Description
Have a guide lead you through this ecological crocodile farm to tell you about the native animals or explore the zoo on your own. Either way you'll see macaws, swamp and river crocodiles, a scaly maroon South American reptile called a tegu, scorpion snakes, and lots of other creatures. The guide will let your children touch and hold the animals (careful of the crocodile's teeth), there's a petting zoo, friendly hairless Mexican dogs and hundreds of crocodiles lounging in the sun (watch where you step!).
Babies: Will enjoy the unusual sights, smells, and sounds of this outdoor animal park.
Toddlers & Pre-K: Will love the feel of a boa around their necks and the thrill of walking among crocodiles (just keep a hand on them in the places where the reptiles aren't in enclosures).
School-Age Kids: Will especially like seeing the zoo's spider monkeys (though sensitive souls might be upset that the monkeys are tied to their trees) as well as the wild monkeys who come daily from the jungle looking for food.
Pre-Teens & Teens: Skip the petting zoo. Teens who like animals will find the guided tour fascinating and enjoy holding the crocs and other reptiles.
- Buy food to feed the animals. At the entrance to the zoo you can buy small bags of food to feed the deer and the spider monkeys.
- Bring water. It gets hot and humid under the foliage and you'll want to stay hydrated.
- Wear sensible shoes. As you walk around this interactive zoo you'll be going over rocks and mud, so dress appropriately!
- Bring a camera. The animals are happy to pose for pictures and you'll want to wow friends with a snapshot of your child holding a tegu on his lap.
- On the bus line. Save money on a taxi by taking the Mayab or Playa Express buses that will leave you at the door.
Just the Facts
Hours: 9 a.m.-5 p.m. daily
Recommended Time: 1 - 2 hours