Rue du Bois de Boulogne
75116 Paris, France
Live Music Venue
Science & Nature Museum
Jardin d'acclimation Description
This wonderful treed park, which has playgrounds, a spraying rainbow and sunflower, animals from a typical Normandy farm, and pony rides, is located in the Bois de Bologne at the West End of Paris. There are pint-sized play structures, xylophones of all shapes and sizes in a "music garden," tennis-court sized trampolines, and two itchy European brown bears — to say nothing of the thrills and chills of the country fair-like amusement park attractions, including three rollercoasters and a bucking horsey ride.
Toddlers & Pre-K: Kids under 3 get into the Jardin for free, and there is so much for them to do here, including the train ride, the puppet shows, and pint-sized play structures. "Le Dragon" near the playgrounds is not too fast, it goes past a small waterfall and is a good starter coaster for amusement park trainees.
School-Age Kids: Kids 11 and older can drive the go-karts themselves.
Pre-Teens & Teens: Explore@dom has science displays and video editing and film classes for teens.
- Buy a pack of tickets. If your family plans to go on the rides, it is much less expensive to buy a packet of tickets (sold in 5, 15, 25, and 50) than to pay as you go.
- Select the rides carefully. Unlike at American amusement parks, there are few height restrictions here. Even so, many a small child comes off the rides crying. Watch the ride before you go on to make sure it's not too intense for your child.
- Take the Metro. The Jardin is accessible by bus, car, and Metro. If you take the Metro to Porte Maillot you can take a little train directly into the park (for an extra fee).
- Go on Saturday. If you can't go during the week when there aren't as many people, Saturdays tend to be less crowded than Sundays.
- Bring a towel and a bathing suit. To take advantage of the wading pool and spray park.
Just the Facts
Hours: Open daily from May to September 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.; October to April 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Fees: Less than $10
Recommended Time: Full day