The American Idol® Experience
The American Idol Experience
Disney Hollywood Studiosview website
Superstar Televsion Theater
311 World Drive
Disney's Hollywood Studios, FL 32830
The American Idol Experience Description
Feel the rush of performing on stage in competition, or the thrill of judging the performances in a live interactive entertainment setting with all the glitz and glamour of the distinctive "Idol" set. Guests perform in front of a Disney's Hollywood Studios producer to be cast in a theme park show. After backstage preparation — working with a vocal coach, hair and make-up — it's lights up and showtime in front of a live audience and a panel of judges. Guest performers with the highest votes will compete in an end-of-day Finale Show.
Live Music Venue
Toddlers & Pre-K: A show that doesn't include Mickey and his friends might be a bit boring for your toddler. They will probably enjoy Playhouse Disney Live more.
School-Age Kids: Even though they can't perform, your kids will get a kick out of being a part of a "live" audience.
Pre-Teens & Teens: Ages 14 and older can audition for this one, but those younger than 17 will need parental consent in order to audition.
- Arrive early. Audition openings are limited, only a few singers will be chosen for each show.
- That's the ticket. Audition Call Time Tickets, which will have the time when you should return to audition, will be distributed near the check-in area (located on Commissary Lane across from the Sci-Fi Dine In Restaurant).
- Sing, sing, sing. Get your pipes ready as those who want to participate will have to sing several times in preliminary rounds in order to compete.
- Aged to perfection. Those who want to audition must be at least 14.
- Winner takes all. The winner at the end of each day will receive a "Dream Ticket," which will allow those eligibile (both by age and work status) to schedule a front-of-the-line audition at a future regional audtion of "American Idol."
- Support from the sidelines. The audience area seats 1,000, so even if you can't audition, you can still support your friends and family and you'll have the chance to help vote on the winner.
- Check the FAQ. On the attraction's Web site is tons of information about the audition process, so you might want to read it before you decide to audition.
Just the Facts
Recommended Time: 1 to 2 hours