10001 Malcolm McKinley Drive
Tampa, FL 33612
Adventure Island Description
Leave the sweltering parking lot behind and take a quick trip to the tropics with a visit to Adventure Island. Kids cool down while keeping thrill levels up on daredevil slides like the Aruba Tuba, Calypso Coaster, Runaway Rapids, Caribbean Corkscrew, and the aptly-named Gulf Scream (featuring a menacing 210-foot drop). Kids (and their parents) seeking a less hair-raising experience can while away an entire day splashing in the Paradise Lagoon, slowly floating along the Rambling Bayou, and riding the waves of Endless Surf.
Toddlers & Pre-K: Fabian's Funport has a delightfully scaled-down wave pool that's just right for preschoolers.
Pre-Teens & Teens: If Busch Gardens is also on your itinerary, consider a Passport or other combination pass for significant savings.
- Stake your claim. Establish a home base for the day by renting a private Chiki Hut (near the Spike Zone) or Cabana (adjacent to the wave pool), complete with lounge chairs, small refrigerator, family-sized locker, and fan (available on a first-come basis each day).
- No cash necessary. Eliminate the worry that kids will lose their lunch money by loading a Caribbean Coin bracelet with the day's allowance. The bracelets are waterproof, can be loaded with any amount, are free of charge, and usable throughout the park. Unused credit is refunded at the end of each day.
- Choose your locker. Pay attention to the park map when selecting your locker bank. The most centrally located locker bank is near Endless Surf and Mango Joe's Cafe.
- Plan of attack. On hot summer days, the lines for rides are longest in the middle of the day; head to the most popular rides just after opening or just before closing for shorter wait times.
- Avoid sore feet. Although not required, water shoes lessen slipping on wet walkways and help protect feet from hot cement.
- More than water. Volleyball lovers can work up a sweat on the white sand courts.
Just the Facts
Hours: Open mid-May through October; daily hours vary.
Recommended Time: Full day