International Driveview website
6000 Discovery Cove Way
Orlando, FL 32821+6000
Discovery Cove Description
Don your snorkel and mask, take a deep breath, and become part of a school of rainbow-colored tropical fish and friendly sting rays in Discovery Cove's island-themed underwater world. It's just one of the adventures at this island retreat where visitors don't just watch as trainers swim with fish, hold and feed exotic birds, and get pulled along by a bottlenose dolphin's strong dorsal fin -- they do it. The staff is friendly and helpful, and attendance at the park is limited to allow for true interaction without endless waiting in lines.
Toddlers & Pre-K: Toddlers and young children can't participate in most of the hands-on activities. Save this adventure until your kids are older.
Pre-Teens & Teens: If you're willing to splurge, the Trainer for the Day experience is a once-in-a-lifetime memory-maker ($429-$449 per person). Your child can take on the duties of being a dolphin trainer for the day alongside Discovery Cove staff.
- The Cove is all-inclusive. Admission includes breakfast, lunch, snacks, and beverages. They also provide towels, mask and snorkel, beach chairs, and sunscreen (specially formulated to be safe for the marine life). Just bring your swimsuit and clothes.
- Kids must be 6 and older for the dolphin experience. Participants learn about dolphins and their behaviors in a group of between six and eight people, then get into the dolphin pool with the trainer. They play, swim, and communicate with the dolphins, and even kiss and hug one before they gently grab the dolphin's dorsal fin and go for a ride.
- Good for a week. Admission to Sea World Orlando or Busch Gardens Tampa Bay for seven consecutive days is included in the cost of the visit.
- Keepsake DVD. Pictures and a DVD of your dolphin encounter can be purchased at the resort, allowing kids to relive the experience again and again.
- Maximize your time. Arrive early and plan on spending the whole day at the Cove.
- Book well in advance. This is a reservation only-experience.
Just the Facts
Hours: 9 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Check in begins at 8 a.m.
Fees: Over $40
Recommended Time: Full day
Reviews of Discovery Cove
By nateevantimmyzander November 10, 2009
What we loved:
Less Crowded. Personal service to the guests.
What we didn't love:
Loved everything about it.
This was great. The 9 year old is constantly asking to go back. The meals and beverages are included. Along with every kind of snack you could want.. The staff was very attentive and since there are a limited number of guests each day it makes for a very enjoyable experience. Not like the ones that are over crowded and no one enjoys that. This was worth every penny and we will be back. Read More
By apurvi November 15, 2007