Key Biscayneview website
4400 Rickenbacker Cswy
Key Biscayne, FL 33149
Miami Seaquarium Description
This '60s-era, 35-acre marine world still draws applause from kids who are intrigued by the elaborate shows, which include a sea lion performing a goofy comedy routine and Lolita, the 8,000-pound killer whale who rockets her trainer out of the water. The Seaquarium is also home to the amazing Dolphin Encounter, a swim-with-the-dolphin program that requires a hefty additional fee but will be the trip highlight they'll remember for years to come.
Toddlers & Pre-K: They'll especially adore the whale and dolphin shows. Visit Salty's Playground to re-spark their interest when their energy wanes.
School-Age Kids: In addition to the shows, be sure to catch the feeding sessions, where sharks, tropical fish and even crocodiles are fed by their trainers at scheduled times throughout the day. And of course they'll treasure a swim with dolphins.
Pre-Teens & Teens: Most enjoy the shows and animal feedings, and, of course, they'll love a dolphin swim.
- Reserve the dolphin swim in advance. Expectant mothers and kids under 52 inches are barred from participating.
- Check for admission coupons. The attraction's Web site, plus numerous city guides, offer discounts.
- Go early in the day in summer. The inevitable late-afternoon shower may otherwise dampen your fun in this outdoor attraction.
- Wear hats and lots of sunscreen. Reapply the latter often, even in winter.
- Wear comfortable shoes. The shows are spread out, and you have to stand during one dolphin attraction.
Just the Facts
Hours: 9:30 a.m.-6 p.m., daily
Fees: $20 - $30
Recommended Time: 2 to 4 hours