London Duck Tours
London Duck Tours
Tours leave from Chicheley Street
About 100 yards from the London Eye
London SE1 7PJ, England
London Duck Tours Description
This spirited tour of London by land and by sea takes you past Buckingham Palace, 10 Downing Street, Trafalgar Square, and many other famous sights. As you bump along in a fume-y amphibious WWII vehicle, a guide regales you with stories of Michael Fagan who broke into Queen Elizabeth's bedroom, and the pelican (George) who chomps a pigeon in one of YouTube's popular downloads. Then you sploosh into the water with a tremendous splash, startling geese and pigeons, and propel down the Thames where you get a river-eye view of famous monuments.
Toddlers & Pre-K: Toddlers may have trouble sitting still (bums on the seats is one of the rules) for the tour, which lasts at least an hour.
Pre-Teens & Teens: The guides are funny and irreverent and tell you all of London's most intriguing secrets, which you won't hear elsewhere, making this ride a great one for older kids!
- Arrive early. You need to check in 15 minutes before the tour starts.
- Get a good seat. The third or fourth seat behind the driver has the best views and most comfortable ride. Try to avoid sitting in the front row, which does not afford a good view.
- No food on the Duck. There are places to grab a bite to eat nearby but you are not permitted to bring food on the duck.
- Book on-line. You can buy tickets at the kiosks at the quai but if you are going during peak season avoid disappointed children by booking online.
- Bring a light jacket. It can be chillier down by the water.
Just the Facts
Office hours Monday-Sunday, 9 a.m.-5:30 p.m. There are no Duck tours on Dec. 24, 25, 26 or Jan 1; or Mondays and Tuesdays in January.
Tours are in daylight only and dependent upon dusk. Weekday tours outside of peak periods (weekends and school/public holidays) operate every half an hour to an hour and start at 10:30 a.m. Weekends and peak periods tours operate every 15 minutes and start at 10 a.m.
Last tour times: January - 3 p.m., February - 4 p.m., March - 5 p.m., April to September - 6 p.m., October - 4:30 p.m., November - 3 p.m., December - 2:30 p.m.
Recommended Time: 1 - 2 hours