London SE1 7PB, England
London Eye Description
A slow-moving ferris wheel where you stand in an enclosed glass pod with up to 25 other passengers, the London Eye is 418 feet high and takes about 30 minutes to make one rotation, during which your family will see spectacular views of the city, including Big Ben, Westminister Abbey, and, on a clear day, as far away as Primrose Hill (where the "101 Dalmatians" were hidden away). The ride is breathtaking and awe-inspiring and your children will keep their noses pressed to the glass.
Toddlers & Pre-K: Ages 4 and younger ride for free.
School-Age Kids: Kids will enjoy the playground right under the London Eye, which has clever climbing structures and a ropes course and is fun for all ages.
Pre-Teens & Teens: Teens will enjoy the ride most if you bring a map along and have them look for monuments and landmarks as the wheel turns.
- Buy tickets online. You save 10% of the cost of the flight.
- Expect crowds. Since the London Eye was built in 2000 (when it was called the Milennium Wheel), it has proven more popular than anyone imagined. Lines can be long, especially in the summer, so plan accordingly.
- Leave your scissors at home. No scissors or knives are allowed on the flight.
- Folding strollers only. They call them "pushcarts" in England and you'll have to fold yours up before you step into a pod.
- Bring cash. They don't allow outside food on the ride but there is a vendor selling candies you can't buy in the United States. You have to grab one as you stand in line, so bring small bills and some change.
Just the Facts
Hours: October-May 10 a.m.- 8:00 p.m. daily; June 10 a.m.-9 p.m. daily; July and August 10 a.m.-9:30 p.m. daily; September 10 a.m - 9 p.m. daily.
Recommended Time: 1 - 2 hours
Reviews of London Eye
By Travel109 September 09, 2011
What we loved:
It looks nice in Night.
What we didn't love:
London is one of my favorite tourist destination in world which is full of various attractions. British Museum, London eye, Tower of London are my favorite attractions of London. We had London Tour two times. Actually we couldnt spent more time in South London as if in Croydon we could just wondered two or three hours. But I liked it so much, it is the perfect place to shop, eat and celebrate our moments. For coming vacation we are planning for Bangalore Tourism http://www.traveladda.com/south_india/karnataka/cities/bangalore.html Read More