Thames RIB Experience
Thames RIB Experience
Embankment Pier London
London WC2N 6NU, England
Thames RIB Experience Description
Kids and grown-ups alike become James Bond chasing (or fleeing!) enemies on this high-speed, high-powered boating adventure along the Thames that is approved for all ages but definitely not for the faint of heart! Up to 12 people fit in one boat and the captain provides background and historical information (when he can catch his breath long enough) as you zoom along to Canary Wharf or as far as Greenwich. Tours last approximately one hour, and slickers and lifejackets are provided.
Toddlers & Pre-K: The minimum weight is 15 kilograms (33 pounds). Kids 3 and younger are usually too small to go on this ride.
School-Age Kids: This ride may be too intense for younger children. A quieter boat ride on the Thames (try the Duck Tour or the Thames Clipper) may be a better choice.
Pre-Teens & Teens: If yours likes thrills and chills there are plenty to be had on this boat ride.
- Expect to get wet. Although protective clothing is provided, a change of clothes for yourself is a good idea.
- Book on-line. You can buy same-day tickets at the wharf but if this is something your kids have their heart set on, be sure to get the day and time you want by booking on-line.
- Arrive early. You need to report to the booking kiosk at the pier (right behind the London Eye) 15 minutes before your boat is scheduled to leave.
- Take the Tube. Located directly opposite Embankment Underground Station on the Circle, District and Bakerloo Line.
- Smile, you're on candid camera. The rides are videotaped and photographed. Pictures and DVDs are available to purchase afterward.
- Choose from one of two rides. Both the Canary Wharf experience and the Thames Barrier include a guided tour through London via in the water, taking in all the famous sights. At Tower Bridge the high speed begins: the Canary Wharf experience goes to Canary Wharf and lasts about 50 minutes. The Thames Barrier ride lasts an hour and a half and you zoom by Canary Wharf, Greenwich, 02, and go through the Thames Barrier.
Just the Facts
Hours: The boat rides operate during daylight hours only so the start and end trips vary depending on the season. Trips run on the hour in all weather.
Fees: More than $40.
Recommended Time: 1 - 2 hours