2001 Blake St
Denver, CO 80205
Coors Field Description
Sports-loving Denverites consider themselves lucky, since the city is home to four major league sports teams and two professional soccer teams. The Colorado Rockies play ball at Coors Field, located in Denver's hip LoDo ("lower downtown") district, and whether or not there's a home game during your visit, a tour of the field is an inexpensive and fun way to experience major league ball from an insider's perspective. Look for the row of purple seats encircling the field, which marks exactly 5,280 feet, or one mile high.
Babies: All tours are accessible for people with disabilities, so it's okay to bring your stroller (but you'll have to check it if attending a game). For greater freedom of movement, consider carrying your baby in a frontpack or sling.
School-Age Kids: Even kids who don't follow the sport closely will be intrigued to see what a ballpark looks like off the small screen.
Pre-Teens & Teens: Sports-inclined teens will enjoy this tour more than those who aren't, but it's short enough to occupy non-fans.
- Buy online. Tour and parking passes are available for purchase in advance online.
- Travel light. For security reasons, all bags are subject to search by Coors Field staff, so pack diaper bags, purses, or backpacks with bare necessities (no hard- sided containers such as mini coolers are allowed, but non-alcoholic food and beverages are).
- Footwear is key. The tour covers about a mile, so wear sneakers or other comfortable shoes.
- Parking tips. To avoid game-day restrictions, buy tickets for the tour and parking in advance to ensure parking near the field.
- Kid-friendly options available. If you decide to see a game, there's an alcohol-free family-friendly seating section (with booster seats available) and a playground for restless little ones. There's also the "Interactive Area" behind the bullpens, with video batting cages and a virtual broadcast booth.
Just the Facts
Hours: April-Sept.: Mon.- Sat. Non-game days: 10 a.m., 12 p.m., 2 p.m. Evening game days: 10 a.m., 12 p.m., 2 p.m. Afternoon game days: No tours Oct.-March: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday Non-game days: 10 a.m., 12 p.m., 2 p.m. Evening game days: 10 a.m., 12 p.m. Afternoon game days: no tours
Fees: Under $10
Recommended Time: 1 to 2 hours