1 Legoland Dr
Carlsbad, CA 92008+4610
LEGOLAND California Description
"This was the best day of my life!" one 7-year-old cried after spending the day at LegoLand. While some amusement parks are frustrating for younger kids because of height restrictions, LegoLand really is geared toward the younger set (specifically ages 2-12). This theme park has rides you won't find anywhere else and is full of feats of creativity made out of ... you guessed it, Legos. If you go to San Diego with children under 12, LegoLand's a must.
Babies: There's a baby care center in Fun Town (close to the Driving School) with changing tables, diapers, a microwave to heat up food, and lots of other baby-friendly amenities.
Toddlers & Pre-K: Many of the rides have no height restrictions. Preschoolers go ga-ga over the Driving School (ages 3-5) and also love Splash Battle (where they get to shoot water at other riders) and just about every other ride.
Pre-Teens & Teens: The park is designed for kids ages 2-12 but don't let that scare you away. The intricate villages made out of Legos and the Dragon rollercoaster, as well as many other rides, will keep pre-teens and teens enchanted.
- Buy tickets online. You can even print them out and sail past the lines (and there will be lines) through >LEGOLAND's Web site.
- Bring your AAA card. You'll get 10 percent off the cost of admission.
- Leave your checkbook. Checks aren't accepted but most major credit cards are.
- Keep your ticket. If your family's having so much fun that you want to stay an extra day, you'll get a discount on the two-day ticket or a membership.
- Go on a weekday. If you can, go during the week to avoid the crowds. If you go on a weekend, walk to the back of the park (to Pirate's Shores) first. Rides farthest from the entrance will be less crowded.
- Bring a bathing suit. There's a great splash park and several rides will get you soaked. Bathing suits are for sale if you forget to bring them for your kids.
Just the Facts
Hours: The park is usually open from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. in the winter and 10 a.m.-8 p.m. in the summer, but hours vary daily.
Fees: Over $40
Recommended Time: Full day
Reviews of LEGOLAND California
By drplatt October 29, 2008
What we loved:
There was something for all of them to entertain them.
What we didn't love:
We didnt get to see it all
It is a place to keep all ages entertain. The older kids could go off by themselves and they werent bored being in one place with the younger ones. The lines were not that long. Read More
By gabyr0x August 01, 2008 | Son: Age 3, Daughters: Ages 14 & 13
What we loved:
All that the park offered
The whole time my family and I were there we were entertained. It is so amazing to see all of the things they have built out of legos. I am glad that i had an extra memory stick for my camera. My daughters 6 and 7 at the time had a great time. The rides are very easy to handle and fun for the kids. Read More
By Kodavali April 23, 2008 | Denwar