Balboa Parkview website
849 W. Harbor Dr.
San Diego, CA 92101
Seaport Village Description
Seaport Village has over 50 unique shops featuring wooden toys, wind chimes, shells, specialty soaps made in San Diego, silver jewelry, and more. There's a charming carousel for little kids and gorgeous views of the harbor for grown-ups, plus meandering paths that wind in and out of the open-air shopping. There's even a duck pond. It's a relaxing place to shop for gifts and souvenirs, with face painters, balloon artists, and kid-friendly performances on the weekends.
Babies: All bathrooms (except one men's room) have diaper changing stations.
Toddlers & Pre-K: Young kids will want to go on the carousel again and again and again ($2 per ride). If you go to Crystal Palace or one of the other artsy boutiques where there are breakables, keep a hand on your rover.
School-Age Kids: Clomping on the boardwalk along the water and checking out the ducks in the pond behind the Harbor House restaurant are sure-fire hits for this age group.
- Go hungry. There are 13 eateries, with everything from fish tacos to gyro sandwiches, and four upscale bay-view restaurants.
- Bring sunscreen. You'll be spending most of your time outside.
- Bring a light jacket. It gets breezy by the water.
- It's a little bumpy. It's ok to bring strollers, but the cobblestoned walkways can get a little bumpy.
- Go on the weekends. Bands play in the gazebo area on Sunday, and there are performances by acrobats, Polynesian artists, and more.
- Combine with another activity. Seal tours, boat and jet-ski rentals, and an Old Town historic trolley tour all leave from Seaport Village.
Just the Facts
Hours: 10 a.m.-9 p.m. daily (until 10 p.m. June-August)
Recommended Time: 1 to 2 hours