SeaWorld Adventure Park
SeaWorld Adventure Park
Mission Bayview website
500 Sea World Dr
San Diego, CA 92109+7993
SeaWorld Adventure Park Description
Part amusement park, part aquarium, part outdoor marine zoo, SeaWorld is a theme park that has everything from shark encounters and orca shows to an aerial tram on the bay and a gently rotating sky tower that lifts you high above the ground. It's full of things that will fascinate and thrill kids, including feeding Atlantic Bottlenose dolphins, riding roller coasters, and seeing penguins up close.
Babies: The animal shows have very loud music and announcers, which might upset some babies.
Toddlers & Pre-K: SeaWorld is an intense place that will probably frighten and thrill your toddler at the same time. The rides are for older kids, but your little one will love the touch tanks and the children's playground near Flamingo Cove, which is a shady place to dig in the sand and regroup.
School-Age Kids: The Atlantic bottlenose dolphins, Shark Encounter, and penguins will thrill school-aged kids.
Pre-Teens & Teens: The drenching Shipwreck Rapids, the 4-D movie, Shark Encounter, and the skull-crunching Journey to Atlantis go over well with the thrill-seeking set.
- Get to shows early. Most shows last about 20 minutes but you need to arrive early, as the stadiums fill quickly. If your kids get nervous in crowds, sit toward the back and plan to leave a few minutes before the end.
- You'll get wet. Bathing suits aren't allowed in the park but orcas and dolphins don't know that and like to splash. Bring a rain poncho and/or a change of clothes. Seats in the Splash Zone are indicated as such.
- Go when it opens. The crowds get larger as the day goes on.
- Don't go with the flow. Go on rides and visit animals during show times to avoid crowds.
- Bags get searched. Neither outside food, balloons, straws or anything else that could harm marine animals is allowed inside the park.
- Don't leave valuables in the car. Carry them with you or rent a locker inside the park. But keep enough cash to pay for the tram, the skytower, and other attractions, including dolphin feeding (which costs $5 extra).
- Read more planning notes. The insider tips section of SeaWorld's website offers valuable suggestions.
Just the Facts
Hours: SeaWorld is open year-round with varying operating hours and days.
Fees: Over $40
Recommended Time: Half day
Reviews of SeaWorld Adventure Park
By kimmay20 May 13, 2008 | Working hard at DIG
By showryraju April 14, 2008 | Chicago