Coyote Ridge Stable
50639 Panorama Drive
Morongo Valley, CA 92256
Horseback Riding Description
Get a slightly elevated view of the desert while riding Western style on Sonny, Holly, or one of the other trail horses and mules in the Coyote Ridge Stable fleet. Owner Sue Lund leads small groups into Big Morongo Canyon for a relaxed jaunt, highlighting the unique plants and animals of the high desert region. Kids are on their way after a brief lesson in the do's and don'ts of horsemanship and a saddle fitting, electrified by the experience of guiding such a magnificent animal.
Toddlers & Pre-K: Horse-loving kids younger than 7 can take the reins during tethered walks around the stable grounds.
Pre-Teens & Teens: Expert riders ages 16 and older can sign up for a more challenging adventure ride, which explores steeper, more rugged terrain.
- Kids 7 and up. Riders must be 7 or older.
- Beginners welcome. Instructions are tailored to the experience level of each rider.
- Easy on and off. A free-standing platform makes getting on and off the horses virtually effortless.
- Wear jeans or long pants. Some taller plants may scratch unprotected skin.
- Helmets provided. All riders 17 and younger are required to wear a helmet; riders 18 and older are advised to do so as well.
- A bit of a drive. The stables are a minimum 20 minute drive from Palm Springs, but the experience is worth the extra time needed to drive there.
Just the Facts
Hours: Daily by appointment.
Fees: Over $40
Recommended Time: 2 - 4 hours