The Disneyland® Resort
The Disneyland® Resort
1313 S Harbor Blvd
Anaheim, CA 92803
The Disneyland® Resort Description
When the "happiest place on earth" opened in 1955, it had 20 attractions. Today it has more than 65 (including the separate Disney California Adventure Park) — way more than you'll be able to tackle in one day.
The Fantasyland village is geared toward the smaller set, with tamer rides ranging from Snow White's Scary Adventures and the Mad Tea Party spinning cups to the famed "it's a small world."
Older kids head straight for the coasters, including Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and Space Mountain — a speed demon (and park superstar) that flies through a dark, starlit space inside a man-made mountain.
Other attractions include Star Tours, a simulated spaceride designed by movie mogul George Lucas, and the Indiana Jones Adventure, a Jeep ride that is eerily like the movie. To get a sense of Disneyland Park's awesome size, take a trip on the monorail or Disneyland Railroad. In summer, stick around for the nighttime parade and fireworks finale that close each day. During the holiday season, much of the park is transformed into a sparkling winter wonderland of twinkle lights and carols.
Babies: It's a Small World is calm enough for napping (and babies won't ask you to go again five more times).
Toddlers & Pre-K: Pre-schoolers love Mickey's Toontown, where everything is askew.
School-Age Kids: Even though it's in toddler-focused Fantasyland, the Mad Tea Party tea cups are thrilling enough for this age.
- Check out our Disneyland vacation.
- Take a vote. Since there's so much here, let the whole family vote on their "must-sees" beforehand so you don't miss the highlights.
- Go on weekdays. Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays are Disneyland's least-crowded days.
- Arrive early. Get a jump on the lines and have a buffet breakfast with Disney characters at the Plaza Inn on Main Street, U.S.A.
- Dress in layers. Southern California days are often hot and sunny, but nights can cool off significantly.
- Call ahead. Check the Web site for special and seasonal events, and confirm rides are open; some attractions are shut down periodically.
Just the Facts
Recommended Time: Full day