P.O. Box 977
Apache Junction, AZ 85217
Dolly Steamboat Description
These 90-minute cruises on Canyon Lake (in the area known as the "Junior Grand Canyon") are a treat for nature-loving families. If your kids are old enough to appreciate natural beauty and the sight of bighorn sheep, coyotes, deer, mountain lions, hawks, and eagles, then bring your camera and binoculars and enjoy the ride. Less than an hour outside of Phoenix, this lake-based adventure will be a welcome change from the arid desert climate of the city.
Toddlers & Pre-K: The boat has narrow staircases and wide rails. You might want to pass on this one if you have tots.
- Stave off the sun. Hats, sunglasses, and sunscreen are recommended gear year-round.
- Plan ahead. Book in advance to ensure that the cruise and time you prefer will be available.
- Seating is not assigned or reserved. You'll get your seats on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Water only. You are not permitted to bring food aboard, but you may bring bottled water. Snacks are available for purchase. Lunch is available on some cruises for an additional fee. Alcohol and smoking are not permitted.
- Lifejackets. Lifejackets are available to all passengers; anyone age 12 and younger is required by state law to wear one.
Just the Facts
Fees: $10 - $20