Lower Dellsview website
1305 Kalahari Drive
Baraboo, WI 53913
Hotel / Motel
Kalahari Resort Description
African-themed Kalahari Resort and Convention Center is the king of the indoor waterpark jungle (the outdoor waterpark is equally awesome, too). Rooms are spacious and well-appointed (ask for one away from the noisy hallway off the main lobby) while also conservation-minded (showers are low-flow and key cards dim lighting when guests leave). Restaurants, a full service spa, an arcade, movie theater, and retail shops make it tempting to never leave the grounds.
- Keep tabs on spending. Guests can opt for prepaid cards that allow them (or their children) to pay for extras like snacks at the waterparks.
- Pack your laptop. All rooms are WiFi ready.
- Tot-friendly fun. Little ones will enjoy tubing with mom and dad along the "Lazy River" that slowly wends its way through the indoor waterpark or spending time in the kids' craft room.
- Watersliding 101. Kids who are nervous about water slides can ride a raft that carries the whole family; they'll be yelling "again!" before you reach the bottom.
- Surf's up. Sign up early for surfing lessons in the indoor waterpark; slots fill up quickly.
- Go online for savings. Check the website for updated discounts and package deals.
- More indoor delights. An indoor amusement park, complete with ferris wheel and bowling alley, is under construction (planned to open in December 2008).
- Economize on snacks and beverages. Each suite comes equipped with a miniature refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker, so bring your own food to save on runs to the snack bar.
Just the Facts
Fees: $150-$200 per night