Exit 34A, I-93
Franconia Notch State Park
Franconia, NH 03580
Lafayette Campground Description
Smack in the heart of gorgeous Franconia Notch and the only campground inside the park, Lafyette is the ideal location for families who want maximum outdoor adventure. As the starting point for many excellent trails, Lafayette also serves as a hiker's information center and is close to the Basin, the Flume, Boise Rock, Cannon Mountain, Echo Lake, and more. Sites are wooded and uncramped, and there's a general store where you can stock up on milk, eggs, snacks, and basic camping supplies.
- Tent sites
- Trailer sites ||
- Group sites
- Walk and/or bike-in sites
- Day use
- Fire pits
- Bear country rules apply
- Generators permitted
- Vending machines
Pre-Teens & Teens: Consider booking side-by-side sites. Extra freedom for them can make it more relaxing for the whole family.
- Driving note. The campground can only be accessed from the southbound side of I-93. If you're traveling north on I-93, get off at exit 34B, then get back on I-93 going south and exit at 34A.
- Got bikes? Lafayette sits roughly in the middle of the paved 8.8-mile Franconia Notch Recreational Trail, a.k.a. "the bike path" (rentals available in Lincoln and Franconia), so you can even ditch the car and ride south to the Flume or north to Echo Lake.
- Site specifics. Single sites hold a maximum of two adults and three children; if your crew is bigger, reserve two sites side by side.
- Reservations recommended.Weekends fill quickly.
- Campfire supplies. Firewood is available for purchase.
Just the Facts
Hours: Vary by location
Recommended Time: Multi-day