Mountain Sky Guest Ranch
Mountain Sky Guest Ranch
Big Creek Road
Emigrant, MT 59027
Mountain Sky Guest Ranch Description
From sunrise to bedtime, kids find endless adventure here with child-friendly horseback rides, swimming, fishing, crafts, and poolside milkshakes. While the kids do their thing, grown-ups go riding, hiking, or fly-fishing, play tennis, or indulge themselves with yoga, massage, or a soak in the hot tub. Families have plenty of together time, too, and the lawn games, breakfast and dinner rides, and Friday night talent show are big hits. Gourmet meals, beautifully appointed log cabins, and a friendly, attentive staff keep families coming back year after year.
Babies: Baby care is available at the ranch, or take advantage of the half-price discount for a nanny traveling with your family.
Toddlers & Pre-K: Younger kids enjoy the structured activities at "Beartown," a special program just for little ones that's staffed by enthusiastic caregivers who happily engage kids in arts and crafts, dress-up play, music, and outdoor fun.
Pre-Teens & Teens: Young adults can hang out with the grown-ups if they like, but special activities are available, too, including forays into a nearby town for burgers and fries.
- Sign up right away for a massage. Massage openings fill quickly, so take a minute on the first day to reserve one (or two) massages at strategic times during the week.
- Bring tennis rackets. The championship all-weather tennis court is beautifully maintained, and staff members are happy to play if you don't have a partner. (Tennis balls are available at the ranch.)
- Bring hiking boots or sturdy walking shoes. Even non-hikers will want to explore the spectacular beauty of the surrounding creeks, forests, and mountains.
- Bring stampede strings. They'll keep your cowboy hat or baseball hat on tight while riding. They're available in the ranch gift shop, too.
- Bring your own pain reliever. There's no drugstore nearby, so if you're planning any long rides or hikes, pack some medicine for sore muscles.
- Sunscreen and bug spray are provided. If you have specific brand preferences or don't want to share, you may want to bring your own.
- Life without mobile phones or the Internet. Bring a phone card or buy a calling card at the front desk for use with a land line in the main lodge.
Just the Facts
Hours: May-October. One week minimum stay required during the summer months (Sunday to Sunday).
Fees: See website for rate information.
Recommended Time: Multi-day