12 Sussex Place
London W2 2TP, England
Hotel / Motel
Barry House Description
A five minute walk to the Princess Diana Memorial Playground in Hyde Park, this family-owned, friendly hotel is in a perfect location close to Paddington Station and the Lancaster Gate Tube. Its simple rooms are spacious enough to accommodate the whole family and the hotel is surprisingly affordable for London — a made-to-order hot breakfast of fried eggs, bacon, toast, and baked beans is included in the price.
- Nice and cozy. The hotel has 17 rooms all together, including several triples but the best is to ask for Room 23: which is on the ground floor and accommodates five people or Room 32, which has two connecting rooms with a double bed in one room and two single beds in the other.
- There's no elevator. The staff is happy to help with luggage but expect to be walking up the stairs.
- There's a crib available. For babies at no extra charge.
- A great starting point to explore England. Just blocks from Paddington Station (where you can get the Heathrow Connect train directly to Heathrow Airport in about 25 minutes), which services the West of England, including Windsor, Bath, Oxford, and elsewhere in England and all the way to Wales.
- Get help with advanced bookings. for the London Eye, Madame Toussands, London Dungeons, and other popular sites. You buy the tickets at a discount directly at the hotel and eschew the queue.
- A nice walk to the museums. The Science Museum, Natural History Museum, and the Victoria and Albert Museum are all walking distance, across Hyde Park.
Just the Facts