223 Wisconsin Ave.
Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965
Rail Dog Description
Step a block or two off the (noisy) beaten path in the Dells River District and enjoy a quirky dining oasis inside an orange caboose. The tastiest meal deal in town can be found here, whether it's a Vienna Beef hot dog, Polish sausage, or the Rail Dog signature sandwich, the Polish Taco.
- Eat outdoors. Seating is limited inside but there are picnic tables outside.
- Introduce yourself. Chat up the amiable owner, Antoni Wolan, who is more than happy to take diners' photos, throwing in real railroad conductors' hats to model.
- Good but not unique. The tamales are tasty but not handmade.
- Bring cash. No credit cards are accepted.
- Brave the Polish Taco. Adventurous eaters must try the Polish Taco: Polish sausage and a mish-mash of Polish and Mexican fixings sealed inside a deep fried tortilla.
Just the Facts
Hours: Daily during the summer season: 11:30 a.m.-8 p.m.